I loved the mix of all the prints when it came to this quilt. The wonky squares added some fun to the project.
I had a few things that were experimental that I would do differently next time. My original idea was to use a thread that was teal, aqua and green, but I couldn’t find the mix without a bunch of yellows. I went for green/teal thinking it would bring in some of the teal. I was rather disappointed in how it all looked pretty teal and actually a bit too dark. Next time I’d go with the lighter. I am also a lover of stitch-the-ditch method and think it just looks better when it comes to quilts with off-white unless your going to do free motion.
Secondly, I did the strips at the top and bottom and didn’t quilt up to them. This made the back look a little odd. Some food for thought to apply on the next project.